- The Cross-industry standard process for data mining (CRISP-DM) model.
- Data Collection and Business Understanding.
- Exploratory Data Analysis;
- Predictive Analytics.
- Evaluation methodologies.
The syllabus contents defined for this course unit are intended to provide the student with knowledge of the essential steps to a Data Science project. The goal is that the student will be able to define the problem, collect data, apply and evaluate some of the main modeling techniques and interpret the obtained results.
- L. Torgo. Data Mining with R, learning with case studies, second edition, 2017. Chapman and Hall/CRC . ISBN: 9781482234893
- J. Han , M. Kamber and J. Pei. Data Mining - Concepts and Techniques (3rd edition), 2011. ISBN: 9780123814791.